mojito Mini Cheesecakes for March
Hi! I’m Helen and I few weeks ago I shared my White Russian cupcakes with you. Now I’m back with my Mojito-inspired mini cheesecakes.
A Mojito is a simple cocktail containing white rum, mint, sugar and lime. These ingredients lend themselves well to lots of different foods. For example, I’ve tried Mojito chicken before and it was delicious!
I’ve had a jar of Mojito marmalade knocking around in the fridge for a while. It’s delicious on toast and the jar recommends trying it with goats cheese. Well I didn’t use goats cheese but I did think it would go excellently on a cheesecake.
You can get Trotter’s Mojito marmalade from here- www.trottersindependent.co.uk – but if you can’t get hold of it Lime marmalade will do just as well.
I’ve made non-alcoholic versions of these cheesecakes before and I just love the cute portion size! It’s not too big and the cheesecake itself is quite light so you don’t feel too stuffed. It’s a perfect little treat.
You will need
50g butter, melted
6 digestive biscuits, crushed
Zest of 1 lime, juice of ½
250g tub ricotta
50g icing sugar
1 egg and 1 yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml double cream
1 tbsp rum
Mojito Marmalade (or lime)
Mint leaves for decoration
1. Mix the melted butter and crushed biscuits together. Press into the base of 6 cupcake cases. Pop in the fridge to chill and make the filling.
2. Beat the ricotta, sugar, lime zest and juice, whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Then stir in the rum.
3. Beat the cream separately until it just holds its shape and fold into the cheese mixture.
4. Spoon into the paper cases, bake for 30 minutes, then turn off the oven and allow to cool completely until inside the oven. This can take up to an hour.
5. When cool, top with a spoonful of marmalade and a mint leaf for decoration.
Fancy a Mojito?
You will need
2 limes cut into wedges
2 tsp granulated sugar
Splash of soda water
Crush lime, mint and sugar together. Add ice and rum, garnish with lime.
If you would like to read more about my cocktail and food based adventures you can read my blog and follow me on twitter
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY