We aren’t experts in the field of sustainability and whilst we have already taken some steps to reduce our impact on the environment, we want to do more. We are committed to continuing to learn, to change and to improve.
Here are a few of the way that we’re making a difference:
• In 2018 we banned single-use plastic straws. We made that decision over 2 years before this became law. Now our contracts ban the use of any single-use plastics in the presentation of the festival’s signature cocktails.
• We work with local suppliers wherever possible. For example, this website is designed by a local company, our PR has always been done by a local agency, our photographer is local and the map in the guidebook is always designed by a local designer.
• We have begun to share some of the exciting work bars in Birmingham are doing in order to make a difference themselves. If you haven’t read our article about Zero Waste Cocktails, take a look here
• We no longer require festival go-ers to print off their e-tickets, scanning tickets on mobile phones works just as well for us and reduces the use of paper.
• With thanks to our partners, any guidebooks that are not collected at the end of the festival are all recycled
We’ll keep working to improve but we’re also open to ideas so if you have any thoughts on other steps we can take please do reach out